Cathay to open lounge at JFK

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• christ
    Participant

Cathay is set to open a lounge at JFK in 2026 as it moves from the One World hub of T8 to T6.

I wonder if they will have a first class section, although I believe CX passengers are not allowed into the Chelsea lounge but are allowed into the Soho lounge.

I am sure it will be helpful having a CX lounge in case of operational issues as it will be easier to get assistance. Also I would expect it to be a high quality lounge with it being a key (and expensive) route.

cwoodward
    Participant

Cathay has currently 3 flights a day and likely going to four.
    The route has always been first class heavy with also many high level club members

The lounge is almost 10,000 sq feet and given both the lounge size and the customer base I believe that there is a better than even chance of this becoming Cathays second lounge outside of HK with a dedicated first class.

Although I can find out nothing more on this from my normal HK sources Cathay’s original announcement possibly contained a clue or
    two –
    “New York JFK is among the top locations in our global lounge strategy. We are truly excited by this opportunity to bring the signature Cathay Pacific lounge experience to our premium customers at this important port in our network”.

christ
    Participant

I was thinking that maybe the moving of terminals is not the best for One World connections but in hindsight AA is pretty limited for JFK v DFW or ORD and so perhaps it makes little difference.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls